CALL TO VIRTUAL REORGANIZATION CONVENTION FOR CD6 AND CD9
6th Congressional District Democratic Committee’s Call to Convention
- The 6th CD’s Virtual Convention will be held Saturday, February 19, 2022 at 9:00 am
- Local Delegate and Caucus Participant filing deadline is Saturday, February 5, 2022, by 5:00 pm. Any Democrat wishing to be a delegate to the convention must pre-file their candidacy with the DPVA by Saturday, February 5, 2022 by 5:00 pm
- This is the Local Delegate and Caucus Participant Filing Form
- If more that 12 people apply to be a delegate for CD 6, there will be a local caucus held on Saturday, February 12, 2022, at 12:00 pm. If no delegate seats are contested, the caucus will be canceled.
9th Congressional District Democratic Committee’s Call to Convention
- The 9th CD’s Virtual Convention will be held Saturday, March 5, 2022 at 11:00 am.
- Local Delegate and Caucus Participant Filing deadline is Friday, February 11, 2022 at 5:00 pm. Any Democrat wishing to be a delegate to the convention must pre-file their candidacy with the DPVA by Friday, February 11, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
- This is the Local Delegate Participant Filing Form.
- If more than 9 individuals pre-file for the 9th District Convention, the 9th District Democratic Committee’s Executive Committee may request that local committee members vote to elect their committee’s allotted number of delegates.
The deadline to file to run for the 9th CD/DPVA Central Committee is Monday, February 21, 2022 by 5:00 PM. Any Democrat wishing to run for one of the DPVA Central Committee member positions to be elected at the Convention must file a certificate of candidacy in writing by Monday, February 21, 2022 before 5pm. While no specific form is required, the candidate must notify the 9th District Chair, Gary C. Hancock, P. O. Box 878, Pulaski, Virginia, 24301, by fax to (540) 980-5264 or firstname.lastname@example.org in writing of their candidacy and provide the candidate’s name, email address and telephone number. A letter, fax, email, or any other writing containing the required information will be sufficient. No filing received after the deadline will be considered.
Protect democracy and volunteer
Join the Democratic party in protecting the Constitution of the United States and the principles of democracy. We must work together to remove the enablers such as U.S. Rep. Ben Cline (R-6th District) and U.S. Rep. Morgan Griffith (R-9th District) who violate their oaths of office with their anti-democratic positions and by refusing to defend the Constitution. Instead Cline and Griffith support baseless conspiracy theories that help feed unrest among the former president’s supporters, which boiled over in a violent and shameful insurrection at the Capitol. We must never let this happen again.
There are many different ways you can support the Democratic Party. Get involved today and help make a difference in Roanoke County and the United States.